Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/07 06:35:54 UTC

Re: How to create interoperable web service with axis, with method taking xml document as argument?

Hi navkalp,

U will have to deploy the service as a message style service ,

In the axis user guide : -

 http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

there is an example message service.

test this out and see how it works,,,

the deploy.wsdd and the related java code for the service are given in
 the sample.
Deploy the Web Service in Axis and get the WSDL for the web service
using the url like ?wsdl ...

Then use this WSDL to generate the .NET proxy using wsdl.exe tool or
using Visual Studio .NET (Adding a Web Reference)

create an instance of the proxy and call the method to see ...

Good Luck

Mahen

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:18:27 -0600, navkalp@softhome.net
<na...@softhome.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to create a interoperable web service
> with axis with a method which
> takes xml document as argument, i want to
> consume this service from .net client.
> How that will be possible with axis?
> what datahandlers we can use, what will the entry in deploy.wsdd?
> is their any running code example for this?
> regards
> navkalp

Re: How to create interoperable web service with axis, with method taking xml document as argument?

Posted by na...@softhome.net.
Hi mahen,
thanks,
example is fine, and i can see this wsdl from .net,
what i did i created  web service withjws extension and then .net is able to
find the service,
the only problem is it says,
(1): Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import
binding 'ReceivingServletSoapBinding' from namespace
'http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws?wsdl'. Unable to import
operation 'onMessage'. The datatype 'Element' is missing.

this is wsdl file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
 - <wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws"
xmlns:intf="http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws"
 - <wsdl:message name="onMessageResponse">
 <wsdl:part name="onMessageReturn" type="xsd:anyType" />
 </wsdl:message>
 - <wsdl:message name="onMessageRequest">
 <wsdl:part name="bodyElem" type="apachesoap:Element" />
 </wsdl:message>
 - <wsdl:portType name="ReceivingServlet">
 - <wsdl:operation name="onMessage" parameterOrder="bodyElem">
 <wsdl:input message="impl:onMessageRequest" name="onMessageRequest" />
 <wsdl:output message="impl:onMessageResponse" name="onMessageResponse" />
 </wsdl:operation>
 </wsdl:portType>
 - <wsdl:binding name="ReceivingServletSoapBinding"
type="impl:ReceivingServlet">
 <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
 - <wsdl:operation name="onMessage">
 <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
 - <wsdl:input name="onMessageRequest">
 <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="http://DefaultNamespace" use="encoded" />
 </wsdl:input>
 - <wsdl:output name="onMessageResponse">
 <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws" use="encoded"
/>
 </wsdl:output>
 </wsdl:operation>
 </wsdl:binding>
 - <wsdl:service name="ReceivingServletService">
 - <wsdl:port binding="impl:ReceivingServletSoapBinding"
name="ReceivingServlet">
 <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://192.168.1.6:8084/test/ReceivingServlet.jws" />
 </wsdl:port>