Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gareth Davis <ga...@logicalpractice.com> on 2004/08/10 15:27:20 UTC

commons-IO: Throttled IO Streams

Hi,

This is for somebody on the commons-io team.

I have a basic throttled input and output stream that I would like to
contribute to the commons-io project. It's pretty basic in function but
it does effectively throttle any IO operations to a given bandwidth,
i.e. limits a socket to 2.5k/s. The code is very simple really and
consists of an input  and output stream and  a common object called the
limiter. The limiter can be shared between multiple streams to provide
aggregated bandwidth limits.

Would the commons-io project be willing to accept this sort of work?

There is a little bit of work required before I would feel comfortable
submitting the work, as  the code needs some proper documentation and
the packages renamed etc.

Gareth Davis
Logical Practice Systems Limited

gareth@logicalpractice.com

Re: commons-IO: Throttled IO Streams

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
BugZilla entry with files attached is preferred. This way we can keep
track of everything.

--> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/ (under "Bugs")

On 10.08.2004 15:59:01 Gareth Davis wrote:
> How do would you want the code? As simple attachments to this list or
> in a direct email?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: commons-IO: Throttled IO Streams

Posted by Gareth Davis <ga...@logicalpractice.com>.
don't worry I've forgotten how to program without jUnit.

I will comment, document hopefully try to implement it into my IO 1.0
build.

How do would you want the code? As simple attachments to this list or
in a direct email?

Gareth

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.