Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jcamus <jc...@parkeon.com> on 2009/09/17 13:59:31 UTC

SMX 3.3 : PermGen Space : out of memory error

hi!

I have the following error when deploying a quite big SA archive (about 100
Mb).

ERROR - BeanComponent                  -
with name 'org.apache.servicemix
.bean.BeanEndpoint#4' defined in file
[D:\ESB\apache-servicemix-3.4.0.2-fuse\data\smx\service-assemblies\servicemix-transfolio-esb-sa\version_4\sus\se
rvicemix-bean\servicemix-bean-se-su\xbean.xml]: Cannot create inner bean
'statDecoder' of type [com.parkeon.transfolio.esb.importation.StatDecoder]
wh
ile setting bean property 'bean'; nested exception is
with name 'statDeco
der' defined in file
[D:\ESB\apache-servicemix-3.4.0.2-fuse\data\smx\service-assemblies\servicemix-transfolio-esb-sa\version_4\sus\servicemix-bean\ser
vicemix-bean-se-su\xbean.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
insta
ntiate bean class [com.parkeon.transfolio.esb.importation.StatDecoder]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
ermGen space
Exception in thread "Timer-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
        at java.lang.Throwable.getStackTraceElement(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.getOurStackTrace(Throwable.java:591)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:510)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException.printStackTrace(BeanCreationException.java:176)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.ManagementSupport.createComponentMessage(ManagementSupport.java:113)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.ManagementSupport.failure(ManagementSupport.java:46)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AbstractDeployer.failure(AbstractDeployer.java:43)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.xbean.AbstractXBeanDeployer.deploy(AbstractXBeanDeployer.java:117)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.doDeploy(BaseServiceUnitManager.java:88)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.deploy(BaseServiceUnitManager.java:69)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deployServiceAssembly(DeploymentService.java:520)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateServiceAssembly(AutoDeploymentService.java:349)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:255)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirectory(AutoDeploymentService.java:658)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$800(AutoDeploymentService.java:63)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDeploymentService.java:622)

for now the only to sort it out is to stop the ESb, purge completely the
directoy data and restart the ESB.
But unfortunately reappears after one or two deployement of my work
progress.

This are the parameters I set into the servicemix.bat :

if "%JAVA_MAX_MEM%" == "" set JAVA_MAX_MEM=1024M

if "%JAVA_MIN_MEM%" == "" set JAVA_MIN_MEM=128M

But changing them does not fix the problem.
It is a bug?

Re: SMX 3.3 : PermGen Space : out of memory error

Posted by jcamus <jc...@parkeon.com>.
Thanks! No more OutOfMemoryError now!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.