Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Laran Evans <La...@nominum.com> on 2015/04/28 20:12:32 UTC

SimpleConsumer not fetching messages

I’ve got a simple consumer. According to GetOffsetShell my offset is 209418. But the SimpleConsumer doesn’t get any messages past offset 123146. It just won’t pull down any messages after that offset. If I send more messages onto the topic it still won’t pull them down. Though the offset does increase in ZK/Kafka. It seems to just be stuck.

What can cause this? How can I diagnose the problem? And what can I do to get past it?

Thanks

Re: SimpleConsumer not fetching messages

Posted by Ivan Balashov <ib...@gmail.com>.
Does increasing PartitionFetchInfo.fetchSize help?

Speaking of Kafka API, it looks like throwing exception would be less
confusing if fetchSize is not enough to get at least one message at
requested offset.