Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Blaise <cb...@esoft.com> on 2004/12/02 17:32:13 UTC

Bayes databases losing file ownership

	spamd runs as mail and that's what the bayes_ files are owned as.  A
few days ago we started seeing an increase in spam and looking into the
problem today, I found that the bayes_toks file (but not bayes_seen) was
owned as root.

	Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

	We do run a script that runs as root that calls sa-learn
occasionally.  Could that interaction somehow cause the file ownership to be
changed?  If so, any recommendations for the proper locking between spamd
and sa-learn?

 Thanks,
 Chris