Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Wilson <we...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/11 21:17:56 UTC

Connecting Apache 2 with Tomcat 4.x

I would like to connect the latest version of Apache
with the latest venison of Tomcat.  It would be great
to find a single doc that could show me how to do this
quickly.  I don't care about millisecond performance
differentials or scalability.  I am trying to upgrade
a previous implementation that used Apache 1.3 with
Tomcat 3.3.

There doesn't seem to be a `clear and quick' way to do
this.  I'm getting caught up in a circular reference
of you can do it this way, or that way, or even a
third way, yet no signal doc actually takes me all the
way through connecting and tweaking Apache 2 with
Tomcat 4. There is even some talk about how the
connector sub-projects have broken off from the server
development and exist autonomously.

I already have Apache 2 and Tomcat 4 running on RedHat
7.3 as well as a completed application running against
Oracle. Everything is working great.  My last issue is
getting Apache to front-end the application and pass
servlet control to Tomcat.

I don't care which connector I use, time is limited, I
wish to use whichever connector has the most complete
documentation.

Does anybody have a quick and furious way to get this
done?  Also, in the past, I was able to download a
binary for intel/linux, this would be great to come
across, somewhere I was reading that one would have to
compile their own if using Apache 2, is this true?