Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ranjit Jadhav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/08 19:17:33 UTC

Re: IPv6 error :: ACS 4.16.1

Thank you for your response, i was able to create IPv6 networks using both
methods. It is showing IPv6 IP assigned to NIC as well in ACS. But not able
to use it yet. VM was created using CentOS7.

Do I need to manually add IPv6 ips in ifcfg-eth0? Any more guidance for
actual integration with OS will be of great help.

Thanks again

Ranjit

Re: IPv6 error :: ACS 4.16.1

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Op 08-04-2022 om 21:17 schreef Ranjit Jadhav:
> Thank you for your response, i was able to create IPv6 networks using both
> methods. It is showing IPv6 IP assigned to NIC as well in ACS. But not able
> to use it yet. VM was created using CentOS7.
>
> Do I need to manually add IPv6 ips in ifcfg-eth0? Any more guidance for
> actual integration with OS will be of great help.

Is your router sending our Router Advertisements with the prefix to be
used in that subnet? If not, please make sure it does.

The Linux VMs should be set to autoconfigure with Privacy Extensions
disabled.

Wido