Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de> on 2007/05/14 15:06:27 UTC

ExternalLink with dynamic (named) parameters

Hi,

i want to have a bookmarkable link with dynamic (and named)
request parameters.

Right now I specify the parameters like the following:

parameters="ognl:{'query=' + query, 'fq=' + facet.name + ':' + facetItem.name, facetQueryParams}"

- query is the previous query (e.g. "ipod")
- facet.name is s.th. like "category"
- facetItem.name is s.th. like "portable"
- facetQueryParams are previous facet queries separated by
  e.g. "|", whereas each facet query s.th. like
  "fq=brand:apple"

In the activateExternalPage method I would split each parameter first
by "|" and then by "fq=" to get all "fq" request parameters...

IMHO this is not very nice, so I wonder if there's a better way
to have a simple bookmarkable url with dynamic (named) request
parameters...

Thanx && cheers,
Martin