Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by lujinhong <lu...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/13 08:49:22 UTC

location of hadoop2.x api doc

Hi,
    I can’t  find the api documentation of some Class in hadoop 2.x, such as RunJar, YarnChild and so on.
    I found this api doc in hadoop 1.x, for example: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/RunJar.html <http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/RunJar.html>,
    but I can’t find the doc in http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/api/ <http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/api/> .

    where should I get the api doc of Runjar/YarnChild and all the classes of hadoop 2.x?

   Thanks.

Re: location of hadoop2.x api doc

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
By design, we only publish documentation for the classes that are part of the public API.  This includes things like FileSystem and Job.  The two classes that you mentioned are not part of the public API.  There is no guarantee of backwards-compatibility across releases for these classes (or even that the classes will exist at all in future releases).  Clients should not write code that calls directly into these classes, so we do not publish the API docs.

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.