Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by victor <vi...@outblaze.com> on 2003/12/11 04:14:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.29 + mod_ssl + IPV6 and vhost stop working.

A buddy of mine has run into some trouble running Apache 1.3.29 +
mod_ssl +_ IPV6 patch, I looked his config but can't seem to find what
went wrong, I'm forwarding his message here hoping some gentleman/lady
here can give my firend some clue.

Many thanks in advnace, below is his message.

OK - I'm at my wits end.  I have a working Apache 1.3.29 + mod_ssl

Just decided to apply the IPV6 patch for apache as well, as my server
also has an IPV6 address

So when I applied this patch, my virtual hosting for https sites
(well, only one https site, a squirrelmail install) broke. http to
that site works very well indeed.

frodo:~# cat /usr/local/etc/apache/hserus.net.conf

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@hserus.net
    DocumentRoot /home/suresh/public_html
    ServerName www.hserus.net
    ServerAlias hserus.net www.hserus.net frodo.hserus.net
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/suresh/public_html/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName webmail.hserus.net
 DocumentRoot /home/suresh/public_html/squirrelmail/
# Redirect / https://webmail.hserus.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
 SSLEngine On
 SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache/frodo.crt
 SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache/frodo.key
 ServerName webmail.hserus.net
 DocumentRoot /home/suresh/public_html/squirrelmail/
</VirtualHost>

While httpd.conf has -

NameVirtualHost *
Include /usr/local/etc/apache/hserus.net.conf

and then

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
[default settings for mod_ssl]
</VirtualHost>

What happens now is that I get a warning:

[Thu Dec 11 01:00:10 2003] [warn] VirtualHost *:0 overlaps with
 VirtualHost *:0, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
 NameVirtualHost directive

and ... a request for http://webmail.hserus.net goes through but
requesting https://webmail.hserus.net gives me 403 Forbidden -

::ffff:204.74.68.40 - - [11/Dec/2003:03:14:25 +0530]
"\x80\x82\x01\x03\x01" 403 - "-" "-"

   --srs

--
                           Victor