Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/28 18:51:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.0.7

Tapestry 5 preview release 5.0.7 is now available for download, and via Maven.

5.0.7 features a bunch of bugs fixes and improvements including a
major revamp to client-side validation and the start of Ajax support.

The new validation is a very interesting experiment, as it uses a
popup "bubble" to mark fields with validation errors.   Feedback on
this feature is most welcome.

Tapestry 5.0.7 is available for download at
http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.0.7

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 28, 2007 6:27 PM, Imants Firsts <im...@inbox.lv> wrote:
> Thanks Howard!
>
> T5 is becoming more and more mature.
>
> The bubble feature is quite annoying sometimes, when
> the bubble for one field is over another field, it is
> very hard to click in that field, as a result it forces
> user to fill the fields in certain order. It might be
> useful sometimes, but I would like to be able to
> disable this feature and revert to showing errors on
> the top of the form.

I tend to agree; I was thinking that the bubbles should fade out
completely when you are not in the field that has focus.  I just
didn't want to delay 5.0.7 any further to tweak that, given that it'll
require some additional tweaking for IE & etc.

> Regarding the BeanEditor I would really appreciate the
> feature you once mentioned here about supporting
> ManyToOne (and probably OneToOne also) relationships
> between beans.
>
> Happy New Year!
> Imants Firsts
>

> Quoting Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:
> > Tapestry 5 preview release 5.0.7 is now available for
> download, and via
> > Maven.
> >
> > 5.0.7 features a bunch of bugs fixes and improvements
> including a
> > major revamp to client-side validation and the start
> of Ajax support.
> >
> > The new validation is a very interesting experiment,
> as it uses a
> > popup "bubble" to mark fields with validation errors.
>   Feedback on
> > this feature is most welcome.
> >
> > Tapestry 5.0.7 is available for download at
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.0.7

Posted by Imants Firsts <im...@inbox.lv>.
Thanks Howard!