Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Jodie Imbriglio <im...@earthlink.net> on 2002/11/17 19:23:07 UTC

Using XML-RPC from an applet

Hi,

Is it possible to use an XML-RPC server in an applet?  It is readily apparent that an applet can be a client, but it would be really nice for my project if I could use an applet as a server as well.  Since the only client to the applet's xmlrpc server would be the originating server I don't think there would be any security restrictions.  Any help is appreciated, and if this question is in an FAQ that I missed, I apologize in advance.

Regards,
Jodie Imbriglio
imbriglio@earthlink.net

Re: Using XML-RPC from an applet

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Jodie Imbriglio" <im...@earthlink.net> writes:

> Is it possible to use an XML-RPC server in an applet?  It is readily apparent
> that an applet can be a client, but it would be really nice for my project if
> I could use an applet as a server as well.  Since the only client to
> the applet's xmlrpc server would be the originating server I don't think
> there would be any security restrictions.  Any help is appreciated, and if
> this question is in an FAQ that I missed, I apologize in advance.

Don't know off-hand.  You might run into security problems opening a
TCP listener socket, likely possible to work-around using a policy
file.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Using XML-RPC from an applet