Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by DCS <dc...@tcs.com> on 2010/11/02 19:32:30 UTC

Data is not getting cached 2nd time after calling dispose()/shutdown()

Hello,
My object is getting cached succesfully by using JCS.
But second time after shutdown/dispose , data is not getting cached.
When I am restarting my server then again it cached the data and appended
the exising .data file.
but again second time data is not getting cached.

  I followed the instruction to use file-based cache, i.e. invoke
dispose()/shutdown()  and found that the cache content was saved to file.
  However, after invoking dispose()/shutdown(), it seems that
dispose()/shutdown() has closed the auxiliary cache region that further
addition to the cache will no longer
  be saved to cache, even I invoke dispose() again.

  Is there any way that I can continue JCS object (in the same thread, same
JVM) (to save object into file cache) after invoking  dispose()?

  I tried calling JCS.getInstance() again with the same region name, but the
object is not getting cached in disk.

 Dispose()/Shutdown is necessary for each transaction, because I have to
cache each transaction in my local disk, and if I am calling
dispose()/shutdown() , not able to   call dispose()/shutdown() again for
next transaction.So for every next transaction either I am doing rebuild the
application or restarting the server.

Thanks
Deepak Srivastava

Re: Data is not getting cached 2nd time after calling dispose()/shutdown()

Posted by Jorge Medina <ce...@gmail.com>.
It is hard to understand your grammar, but here we go.

I think you are using JCS for the wrong purpose.

What is the purpose of saving the cache to disk on each transaction?
I believe you are trying to use the cache as your persistent storage
and that is not what JCS is intended to be used for.