Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Francis <ch...@static2358.com> on 2000/10/12 16:24:11 UTC

RE: jndi.properties and classpath

Hi Simon,

It is a classpath problem as you guessed as I had (sometimes still have!)
the same error.
You say you have all your jar file WEB_APPS/lib, I've found the
Tomcat classloader to be particularly unreliable, (I'm using
Tomcat 3.1.1 under Apache 1.3.12 for Win NT sp4).
However I managed to work around this by putting jars either on
the global classpath or setting the classpath specially in tomcat.bat,
(actually once I found I had to extract it to Tomcats' classes
directory!)
I know this is not ideal but it works.

Good luck!

Chris.