Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Marco Seravalli <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/19 10:59:39 UTC

Fwd: Access Auditing not working

Hi,

I am currenlty trying to use ranger for the authorization and audit
for an HBase database.

I followed the instructions provided by hortonworks and by this tutorial
https://github.com/abajwa-hw/security-workshops/blob/master/Setup-ranger-21.md#setup-hbase-repo-in-ranger

The authorization currently works, but both ranger.xa_access_audit and
ranger_audit.xa_access_audit are and stay empty.

I checked the configuration as suggested here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ranger-user/201412.mbox/<DB...@apache.org>
but I did not manage to get it working

we are currently using HBase 0.98.2, Ranger 0.4 and mysql 6

Do you have any suggestion where I can start looking at?

Thanks a lot!

Marco

--
Marco Seravalli