Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 02:25:22 UTC

Compressing map only output

Is there a way to compress map only jobs to compress map output that gets
stored on hdfs as part-m-* files? In pig I used :

Would these work form plain map reduce jobs as well?

set output.compression.enabled true;

set output.compression.codec org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec;

Re: Compressing map only output

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the link!

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.