Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2022/07/28 13:22:29 UTC

Renaming of master branch to main

Hi all,

I want to see about the community's input as to renaming the master branch
to main for the opennlp and opennlp-site repositories. I see quite a few
ASF projects have made the change and I personally think we should, too,
for the same reason of promoting inclusivity.

I think we would have to update the target branch of the outstanding PRs,
update the build config, and perhaps let Infra know so BuiltBot for
opennlp-site will keep working. Anything else?

Thoughts? Does this require a vote?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Renaming of master branch to main

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Infra has renamed master to main per
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24022.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
I created the Infra ticket -

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well.

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Rigaldies <br...@gmail.com>.
My vote would be Yes. I just started a new job where all the repos have been “main”. I accidentally said “master” in one conversation and was politely reminded of the proper naming convention. :-)
Bertrand