Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pierre Parrend <pi...@insa-lyon.fr> on 2006/08/22 17:44:17 UTC

ant plugin and javah

  Hello,

 I'm using maven 2 with the ant plugin. I do not know if there is a specific
mailing list, but somebody here can surely tell me.

I get the following problem : will compiling a maven project than uses javah,
maven cannot find suitable jar file.
How is it possible to tell the plugin to use more libraries ? for instances the
ones that are present in $ANT_HOME/lib/ ?

the error message is the following:

-----------
Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/pierre/boulot/dev/pparrend/malicious-suite/loadinjector-mvn/build.xml:13:
Could not create task or type of type: javah.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

Re: ant plugin and javah

Posted by Pierre Parrend <pi...@insa-lyon.fr>.
 Hello,

 I solved the problem by following trick :

<tasks>
                <exec executable="ant" failonerror="true"/>
</tasks>

that is ti say I use the ant version that is installed on my computer. But it is
not very portable ...

another question :

is it possible to execute several ant tasks in the same pom ?
when I try to define several <execution> tags (for different compilation phases,
for instance compile and clean), I only get error messages.

pierre

Quoting Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>:

> > How is it possible to tell the plugin to use more libraries ? for
> instances
> the
> > ones that are present in $ANT_HOME/lib/ ?
>
> I don't know about $ANT_HOME/lib (maven isn't using $ANT_HOME so it probably
> isn't going to see those jars).  Have you tried adding dependencies to the
> plugin in your <build> element?

Pierre Parrend
doctorant, moniteur
laboratoire CITI, 21, Av. Jean Capelle