Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Alex Colic <Al...@pop-ware.com> on 2002/01/08 23:06:27 UTC

Please help a new JMeter user!!

Hi,

I am trying to Stress test a struts shopping cart application. This
application uses the session to store user data. I have downloaded and
installed JMeter. I have created one thread group that consists of a Cookie
Manager and a Simple Controller. Within the simple controller I have a
couple of web testing components. The web testing components are:

Login: Log in to the web application
Item1: Select an item and place it into the shopping cart.
Item2: Select another item and place it into the shopping cart.
Logout: Log out of the session.

The above flow works as long as I set the Thread Group to have one thread. I
have tested the script by using one thread and an iteration of 100.

The above flow begins to fail if I select more than one thread regardless of
the number of iterations. Things start getting out of sync. Some error
messages I get from JMeter to the console are as below. I can also see that
the majority of the run throughs are not calling the logout page. With 10
thread looping one 7 objects are not logging off. I checked my log file and
the logout servlet is not being called.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive. Can anyone provide some insight, ideas
etc.?

Thanks

Alex

Sampling url: http://PopWebSvr:80/pwWorkRequestExpress/logoff.do
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://PopWebSvr:80/pwWorkRequestExpress/logoff.do
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:545)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(HttpURLConnect
ion.java:810)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.saveConnectionCookies(HT
TPSampler.java:496)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
438)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
164)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:275)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
IndGraphTree : updateGui