Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2001/06/08 16:40:32 UTC

[C2] .new files?

There are two files:

src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/AuthenticationMatcher.java.new and
src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/FileAuthenticationMatcher.java.new are they
used or are they leftovers from something else?

Thanks for the info,

J.

of this email.

Re: [C2] .new files?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, giacomo wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Morrison, John wrote:
> >
> > > There are two files:
> > >
> > > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/AuthenticationMatcher.java.new and
> > > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/FileAuthenticationMatcher.java.new are they
> > > used or are they leftovers from something else?
> >
> > Leftovers from Donalds early tries.
>
> mrr? no, they ain't mine.

If they are useful, can we get rid of the ".new" extention?
That way, they will be maintained and _possibly_ used.

If they are truly old code, and not currently useful, they
should be removed.

Re: [C2] .new files?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, giacomo wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Morrison, John wrote:
> >
> > > There are two files:
> > >
> > > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/AuthenticationMatcher.java.new and
> > > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/FileAuthenticationMatcher.java.new are they
> > > used or are they leftovers from something else?
> >
> > Leftovers from Donalds early tries.
>
> mrr? no, they ain't mine.

Well, CVS states that you've added them more than 11 month ago
http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/matcher/?hideattic=0

However, I have no idea if they are usefull.

Giacomo

Re: [C2] .new files?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, giacomo wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Morrison, John wrote:
>
> > There are two files:
> >
> > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/AuthenticationMatcher.java.new and
> > src/org/apache/cocoon/matching/FileAuthenticationMatcher.java.new are they
> > used or are they leftovers from something else?
>
> Leftovers from Donalds early tries.

mrr? no, they ain't mine.

- donald

Re: [C2] .new files?