Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/05 16:03:27 UTC

whi into the propertiess of declared resource it is not present the = like for simple tomcat?

A curiosity:

for dclare a resource , i have to declare it like below.

<Resource id="My Unmanaged DataSource" type="DataSource">
  JdbcDriver org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
  JdbcUrl jdbc:hsqldb:file:data/hsqldb/hsqldb
  UserName sa
  Password
  JtaManaged false
</Resource>

But into tomcat  simple for each properties of resourece i have to put the
simbol =
<Context ...>
  <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeDB"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="dbusername"
            password="dbpassword"
            driverClassName="org.hsql.jdbcDriver"
            url="jdbc:HypersonicSQL:database"
            maxActive="8"
            maxIdle="4"/>
</Context>

For curiosity i ask how tomee read and set the properties without the =
from the key and the corrispondnt value.

Re: whi into the propertiess of declared resource it is not present the = like for simple tomcat?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
We read text as properties, see SuperProperties class for details

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Cause openejb config is properties oriented (historical reason) and cause
otherwise some attributes cant be used (not an issue for tomcat)