Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by dkoo761 <dk...@2paths.com> on 2009/09/02 21:35:16 UTC

Jmeter & Spring Security (Acegi)

Hi there,

I'm using JMeter to load test a web application that's using Spring Security
(aka. Acegi) and I'm running into a strange issue.

Config:
- added an HTTP Cookie Manager at the top of my thread group (tried it with
URL re-writing as well)
- using HTTP Request (not HTTPClient, although I tried that too)
- turned OFF "redirect automatically"
- turned ON "follow redirects"
- turned OFF "use keepalive"
- turned OFF "use multipart..."
- I've tried turning the above switches both ON/OFF with no luck.

The sequence of test steps is:

1) POST j_username & j_password to /appName/j_spring_security_check

2) server processes request, successfully authenticates user and sends the
following 302 (redirect) response back to JMeter:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=1nwsm0nsmar0b;Path=/appName
Location: http://localhost:8080/appName/;jsessionid=1nwsm0nsmar0b
Server: Jetty(6.1.14)

3) JMeter sends a GET request to
http://localhost:8080/appName/;jsessionid=1nwsm0nsmar0b and stores Cookie
Data: $Version=0; JSESSIONID=1nwsm0nsmar0b; $Path=/appName

4) server processes request and successfully show me the dashboard page of
my application.

5) Up to this point things seem fine, but this is where it gets wierd.
JMeter simply stops executing the rest of my test plan and ignores the rest
of my HTTP Requests with no error messages or other indicator of what went
wrong.

What gets wierder is that if I pass in the wrong authentication credentials
(say the wrong password) then my app won't authenticate me, BUT it will at
least run the rest of my test plan (however all I get are repeats of the
login screen since it never authenticated me successfully in the first
place).

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated! The app works fine in
Firefox, so I'm also going to try a FF add-on and/or WireShark to see what
differences in HTTP requests/responses are happening between JMeter and FF.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Jmeter & Spring Security (Acegi)

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>5) Up to this point things seem fine, but this is where it gets wierd.
>JMeter simply stops executing the rest of my test plan and ignores the rest
>of my HTTP Requests with no error messages or other indicator of what went
>wrong.
Whats the rest of your test? is it a simple HTTPRequest or are there
controllers or something? if controller are your conditions correct?
Does jmeter.log have anything?
Did you add view results tree listener and no requests are being sent at
all?
regards
deepak