Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2005/06/03 13:24:48 UTC

[Axis2] Re: Dependency on JavaMail

hi ;
The reason behind JavaMail is Axis2 M2 is going to support SMTP , in that
case it is requird to have those lib files.

Thanks and regards.
Deepal

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
should not build process be modular i.e.one could build AXIS2 with only
transports required (without SMTP)?

thanks,

alek

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
It can also be due to MTOM support. For the moment the mtom source files in
the build uses Gerenimo Java Mail & Activation implementations. But those
implementations seems not complete yet. So to have MTOM support we need to
have Sun javamail packages. In that case we'll be giving the option for the
user to build axis2 without MTOM support using Gerenimo implementation. Only
if the user wants MTOM and need to check the test cases, then they can drop
the sun mail & activation jars to their local maven repository.
 Unfortunately it seems we won't be able to ship MTOM support with Axis2 M2
due to some problems in the transport layers. Currently transport layer use
java.io.Reader & Writer to write out the stuff. But Readers & Writers will
not support writing Binary data to the streams. Because of that MTOM
implementation needs them as InputStreams & OutputStreams ( which i earlier
assumed to be there since we knew MTOM is coming)
 I tried to fix the streams stuff, but still some test cases fail. :((
It seems I need some support from the transport guys to get the stuff fixed.

 Thanks & Regards,
~Thilina

--

"May the SourcE be with u"