Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Liles <da...@dynamichostings.com> on 2004/01/31 02:43:36 UTC

back navigation in web app

I am working on a multi-step work flow web app and need to give the users the ability to navigate back to the previous screen by use of a button within the app. I've heard others do this by creating a stack and placing each previous request into the stack.

I would like to know if this is the ideal solution. Also, how can I capture the actions the user has executed in order to keep track of their flow so they can navigate back? If using a stack is the best solution, does anyone have an example I could look at?

Thanks

Dave