Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jr...@shopzilla.com> on 2008/02/02 22:17:48 UTC

Efficiency of CompositeDestinations From Producer standpoint

Hello,

I am interested in looking at using the Composite Destinations feature to
send messages simultaneously to multiple queues.

I'm wondering if sending will likely be any slower from the producer's
standpoint, than sending to a single queue?  Does the broker send the
message to both queues before returning a response to the producer?

Also, does the broker store duplicate copies of messages sent to composite
destinations?  I'm guessing that it does, storing a separate copy of each
message for each queue.  Is that right?

I am using persistent messaging with AMQ 5.1, using the AMQPersistence
default setting.

Jason

Re: Efficiency of CompositeDestinations From Producer standpoint

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Inlined:
On Feb 2, 2008, at 9:17 PM, Jason Rosenberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in looking at using the Composite Destinations
> feature to
> send messages simultaneously to multiple queues.
>
> I'm wondering if sending will likely be any slower from the producer's
> standpoint, than sending to a single queue?
Not significantly - the message will be copied/persisted separately
for each Queue
> Does the broker send the
> message to both queues before returning a response to the producer?
Yes

> Also, does the broker store duplicate copies of messages sent to
> composite
> destinations?  I'm guessing that it does, storing a separate copy of
> each
> message for each queue.  Is that right?
Yep

> I am using persistent messaging with AMQ 5.1, using the AMQPersistence
> default setting.
>
> Jason

Hope that helps

cheers,