Posted to users@maven.apache.org by NRO <no...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 12:25:28 UTC

Re: Cannot retrieve parent snapshot pom, but can depend on it - why?

Hello,

We are facing a slightly similar problem.

We are using Nexus.
Our settings.xml file has a mirror section with "*" resolves to our Nexus
server.

Maven can resolve a SNAPSHOT dependency but cannot resolve a Parent
SNAPSHOT.

The only way we found to make this happen is to:

Exclude the snapshot repository from the mirror and to add a specific
repository definition in the settings.xml file.

If we change the settings.xml file to:
[...]
        <mirrors>
            <mirror>
                    <id>nexus</id>
                    <mirrorOf>*,!internal.project.snapshot</mirrorOf>

<url>http://foo.bar.com:15000/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
            </mirror>
    </mirrors>
[...]