Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by giri ar <gi...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/21 08:00:16 UTC

Sqoop import Error

Hi,

This is regarding Sqoop import command.
I am trying to import data from rdbms to hdfs in parequt format.
I have given orders-parquet as target folder i am getting kitesdk -
validation exception as Dataset name orders-parquet is not alphanumeric.

I have checked the source code too it’s fine for the validation.

But I have tried to import same table in avro format and I have given
target directory as orders-avro.
This time data got imported successfully.

I believe import should throw same exception. Please confirm.

Thanks
Giri

Re: Sqoop import Error

Posted by giri ar <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

As per my understanding if we name target folder using - , it should Throw
exception in all formats during import  , for parquet format it has thrown
exception.
But for others i mean for Avro format  it dint work.

Thanks
Giri

On Monday, May 28, 2018, Szabolcs Vasas <va...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The parquet import code path is different from the avro import path since
> Sqoop uses Kite to read and write parquet files so the different behavior
> is somewhat expected.
> Have you managed to make the parquet import work by using another target
> folder?
>
> Szabolcs
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 10:00 AM, giri ar <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is regarding Sqoop import command.
>> I am trying to import data from rdbms to hdfs in parequt format.
>> I have given orders-parquet as target folder i am getting kitesdk -
>> validation exception as Dataset name orders-parquet is not alphanumeric.
>>
>> I have checked the source code too it’s fine for the validation.
>>
>> But I have tried to import same table in avro format and I have given
>> target directory as orders-avro.
>> This time data got imported successfully.
>>
>> I believe import should throw same exception. Please confirm.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Giri
>>

> --
> Szabolcs Vasas