Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark question <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 18:40:46 UTC

reading Hadoop output messages

Hi all,

   I'm wondering if there is a way to get output messages that are printed
from the main class of a Hadoop job.

Usually "2>&1>> out.log"  would wok, but in this case it only saves the
output messages printed in the main class before  starting the job.
What I want is the output messages that are printed also in the main class
but after the job is done.

For example: in my main class:

        try {JobClient.runJob(conf); } catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();} //submit job to JT
        sLogger.info("\n Job Finished in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() -
startTime) / 60000.0 + " Minutes.");

I can't see the last message unless I see the screen. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Mark