Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2017/05/21 20:17:02 UTC

Fwd: Problem with Open Office before and after installing new update

For what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: Problem with Open Office before and after installing new update

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@posteo.de>.
I have made some thought on file security. I think that the backup strategy is not good at all.
I rather propose to copy the original to a temp folder. Then we work on the file and at save time we save first the temp file and then copy it back.
Before we copy back we check the health of the copy making sure it's in good state.
With this strategy we should always have a working copy available.

Haven't check the necessary changes yet.
It is just an idea.

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.