Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2012/12/20 21:27:14 UTC

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] release 2.3.1 (RC3)

Based on the following votes, the Apache VCL community has voted to release
Apache VCL 2.3.1:

Aaron Peeler (PMC member)
Josh Thompson (PMC member)
Mike Waldron
Aaron Coburn (PMC member)
Mark Gardner
Henry Schaffer
Andy Kurth (PMC chair)

That's +4 from PMC members and another +3 from the community.  There were no 0
or -1 votes.

I'll go ahead and create the release artifact and publish it to our new
distribution location. I'll give it around 24 hours for all of the mirrors to
pick it up and then send out an [ANNOUNCE] message.

Josh

On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:10:19 PM you wrote:
> The link to the online install guide in the README file was not updated for
> 2.3.  I updated it and generated RC3.
>
> The only difference between RC2 and RC3 is the top paragraph in the README
> file.  So, I haven't done any further testing with RC3.
>
> The new subversion tag is
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/vcl/tags/release-2.3.1-RC3/
>
> The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
> version 1.6.1 with a custom VCL profile bundled in the web code.  The
> artifact, MD5 and SHA1 sums, and my GPG signature of it are available from
> my space on people.a.o:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.3.1-RC3/
>
> The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found
> under 2.3.1 on the Change Log page in the staging area of the CMS:
>
> http://vcl.staging.apache.org/docs/changelog.html
>
> Installation instructions are in the INSTALLATION file included in the
> artifact and in the staging area of the CMS:
>
> http://vcl.staging.apache.org/docs/VCL231InstallGuide.html
>
> The directory created by extracting the RC3 artifact is
> "apache-VCL-2.3.1-RC3" (after extracting, you may want to rename it to
> "apache-VCL-2.3.1" so you can copy and paste all of the commands in the
> installation guide).  Licensing information about perl and its required
> modules, php and its required modules, and mysql are stated as "system
> requirements" according to the information under "System Requirements" on
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
> After we finalize a release vote, the staging part of the CMS will be
> published to update the production site.
>
> Since it was a minor change and no one had posted a vote yet, I think we can
> stick with the same deadline for voting.  Please vote by the end of the
> day on Wednesday, December 19th to publish this release (this allows for
> about 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL
> community is allowed to vote.
>
> [ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.3.1
> [ ] 0 dunno
> [ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.3.1 (provide reasons if this is your vote)

- --
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University