Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Bulldog20630405 <bu...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/26 20:14:31 UTC

upgrading 1.9.3 to 1.10.1 - where did Base64 class in accumulo-core go?

when compiling with 1.10.1 in our codebase we found the following class is
no longer available:

https://www.javadoc.io/doc/org.apache.accumulo/accumulo-core/1.9.3/org/apache/accumulo/core/util/Base64.html

has it moved to different location?

Re: upgrading 1.9.3 to 1.10.1 - where did Base64 class in accumulo-core go?

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
That class was never public API. It was internal only. We didn't need it,
since Java 8 provides its own, so it was removed. I recommend using Java
8's built-in or commons-codec's implementation if you need one. Guava might
also have a good implementation for you to use.

Posted by Dominic Garguilo <do...@gmail.com>.
It looks like it was replaced with the built-in java.util equivalent in
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/commit/9c957ab55f28f10dde1321eb613a9ec3e2fa5322
.

--
Dominic Garguilo