Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/11/01 14:20:13 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "OtherTricks" by PaulRoub

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by PaulRoub:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/OtherTricks

The comment on the change is:
Noted milter-greylist option for sendmail

      * mails with high spam scores are rejected regardless (no greylisting)
  http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

+ '''milter-greylist''' (http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/) is an excellent greylisting solution for Sendmail.  I've been using it for almost two years now, and the difference in the amount of mail SpamAssassin has to worry about is amazing.
+
  === Long delay (high latency) ===

  I've seen that after changing my mail system from an old 486 with a very slow Internet connection (about 80 ms) to a fast server with just 5 to 10 ms, I got much much more spammail. Obviously spammers don't have much time to deliver one single mail. So it might help for a server which receives just some mails a day (maybe less than 200 a day) to increment the delay. I've seen no way to do this with iptables or ipfilter but maybe someone has an idea for this.