Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shu Zhang <sz...@mediosystems.com> on 2011/02/16 01:25:10 UTC

Keyspace additions are not replicated to one node in the cluster

Hi, a node in my cassandra cluster will not accept keyspace additions applied to other nodes. In its logs, it says:

DEBUG [MigrationStage:1] 2011-02-15 15:39:57,995 DefinitionsUpdateResponseVerbHandler.java (line 71) Applying AddKeyspace from {X}
DEBUG [MigrationStage:1] 2011-02-15 15:39:57,995 DefinitionsUpdateResponseVerbHandler.java (line 79) Migration not applied Previous version mismatch. cannot apply.

My cassandra nodes' version is 0.7-rc4.

Does anyone know how I can recover from this problem? I'm fine with this node being synced to whatever data definition is defined on the rest of the cluster.

Thanks,
Shu

Re: Keyspace additions are not replicated to one node in the cluster

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
The first thing you should try is to restart the node that is not
syncing.  That will reset the version it gossips, which was not always
getting updated (fixed in CASSANDRA-2083).

Gary.