Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com> on 2008/04/21 09:39:16 UTC

Tagging Support for JSPWiki (Was: groups or categories?)

Alexey Kakunin wrote:
> Murray
> Seems you did a great job - we just planned to implement oun tagging
> in our EmForge (http://www.emforge.org) project - but seems it will
> be better to reuse it.
[...]

Alexey,

Turns out I'd already created an ant target for the TagPlugin and
posted a distribution on 2007-08-03, but I've just updated that
with a new distribution using the current code. For details check
out the WikiTags page at:

    http://altheim.4java.ca/ceryle/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=WikiTags

I believe the current code should be functional as a standalone
(i.e., I've briefly checked dependencies) but would appreciate
feedback if this doesn't work. There is a link to detailed
installation instructions (including icons and stylesheet) on the
above page.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: Tagging Support for JSPWiki (Was: groups or categories?)

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Murray,

I'd love to use your tagplugin, but unfortunately I cannot get it to work
consistently. I am willing to debug it if you can help me.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for tagging of JSPWiki pages?

--
Bobman

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Murray,
>
> Sorry for taking so long in getting back to this, but I am looking at
> JSPWiki and the TagPlugin again. I would like to debug the problem I am
> having, but I can't find the sources for your plugin. I have the
> ceryle-tag-plugin-20080422.zip from the web site, but no sources.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Bobman
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Murray,
>>
>> I have confirmed it is not a browser caching bug by (as you suggest) using
>> shift-load in Firefox.
>>
>> I have not tried debugging from sources, but I'll try that when I have a
>> chance and let you know what I find.
>>
>> --
>> Bobma
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> Good to hear.
>>>
>>>  One odd thing I've found: the HasTagOf doesn't seem to always work.

>>> a query? or do you mean
>>>
>>>  [{Tag Project}]
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>>  [{Tags Project}]
>>>
>>> (same thing.)
>>>
>>>  2. create page 'ProjectPage1' with:

>>> It may even be a TagManager caching issue. There's a
>>> ceryle.tagmanager.usecache
>>> property that can be set to enable or disable caching (see javadocs for
>>> details).
>>>
>>> Note that the TagManager crawls all the wiki pages initially, so be sure
>>> give it a bit of time before you start testing. You may wish to
>>> instrument
>>> the TagManager with log or System.err calls to see what's going on. Be
>>> sure
>>> you're actually receiving the wiki events indicating the page contents
>>> have
>>> changed. There's a number of possible issues. It's interesting that if

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Murray,

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Murray,

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Bob Paige wrote:
> Murray,
>
> Thanks for the quick fix! It works now and I am experimenting with it.

Hi Bob,

Good to hear.

> One odd thing I've found: the HasTagOf doesn't seem to always work.
>
> 1. create page 'Project' with:
> Main page of the Project.
> [{HasTagOf Project}]

a query? or do you mean

   [{Tag Project}]

or

   [{Tags Project}]

(same thing.)

> 2. create page 'ProjectPage1' with:
> This is Page 1 of the project
> [{Tag Project Project1Requirements}]
>
> 3. create page 'Project1Requirements' with:
> Requirements for Project1
> [{HasTagOf Project1Requirements}]
>
> The first few times I viewed the 'Project1Requirements' page it said there
> were no pages with that tag. About the 5th time I viewed it the link to
> ProjectPage1 appeared.
>
> Is this a plugin issue or a browser-caching issue?

It may even be a TagManager caching issue. There's a ceryle.tagmanager.usecache
property that can be set to enable or disable caching (see javadocs for details).

Note that the TagManager crawls all the wiki pages initially, so be sure to

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Murray,

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Bob Paige wrote:
> Murray,
>
> I've installed the tags plugin on my fresh JSPWiki install as
> described on the above page, but I'm having a few problems.
>
> My first test was to create a page called 'Project' and add
> the following to it (after a simple one-line description):
> [{HasTagOf Project}]

Hi Bob,

These are likely aliasing problems with a ready solution.

But first of all, to declare a tag you'd use the Tag plugin itself. The
HasTagOf plugin is a query on existing tags, so to declare a "Project"
tag on a page you'd more likely want to use

  [{Tag Project}]

> This resulted in a ClassNotFoundException looking for
> org/ceryle/wiki/plugin/assertion/HasAssertedTagOfPlugin
>
> I get a similar error (looking for some assertion class) if I use
> the 'Tag' call.
>
> Looks like this is dependent on your assertion framework?

Only in the sense that I've forgotten to change the commenting in
the aliasing classes, since what I'm doing is changing which classes
are called when "[{Tag}]" and "[{HasTagOf}]" are encountered.

When using the Assertion Framework, the classes Tag.java and
HasTagOf.java are aliases to (i.e., extend) AssertTagPlugin.java
and HasAssertedTagOfPlugin.java (resp.). When the Assertion
Framework is not in use these should extend TagPlugin and
HasTagOfPlugin (resp/). If you look in the aliasing files you
can see the commenting. If you change the commenting and
recompile things will work. I'll go ahead and make those changes
and post a new distribution later today since the default should
be to not use the Assertion Framework (I just happen to always
be using it in my development work so I'd not noticed). I'll also
try to improve the documentation on which plugin to use when.

Thanks for pointing out this error,

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
Murray,