Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Dunn <Ju...@CBC.CA> on 2008/04/25 16:49:01 UTC

can't deploy site with different user ID and only SSH key

I'm using Maven 2.0.8 and can't seem to deploy a project site over SCP. The UID that the site is to be deployed under is "integration", and I have a passwordless SSH key that I verified works. My settings.xml snippet:

  <server>
   <id>whatson.website</id>
   <username>integration</username>
   <privateKey>${user.home}/.ssh/id_dsa_integrationtest</privateKey>
   <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
   <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
  </server>

Whenever I try to run "mvn site:deploy" I keep getting asked for a password. On the remote end I looked at the syslog and it seems Maven is trying keyboard-interactive authentication instead of publickey.

Can anyone help?

- Julian

--
-- Julian C. Dunn, P.Eng. <Ju...@cbc.ca>
-- Assistant Team Lead / Chef d'équipe adjoint

Re: can't deploy site with different user ID and only SSH key

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Does the id in your server.xml match the id of the
<distributionManagement>/<site> element in your POM?

Julian Dunn wrote:
> I'm using Maven 2.0.8 and can't seem to deploy a project site over SCP. The UID that the site is to be deployed under is "integration", and I have a passwordless SSH key that I verified works. My settings.xml snippet:
>
>   <server>
>    <id>whatson.website</id>
>    <username>integration</username>
>    <privateKey>${user.home}/.ssh/id_dsa_integrationtest</privateKey>
>    <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
>    <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
>   </server>
>
> Whenever I try to run "mvn site:deploy" I keep getting asked for a password. On the remote end I looked at the syslog and it seems Maven is trying keyboard-interactive authentication instead of publickey.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> - Julian
>

> --
> -- Julian C. Dunn, P.Eng. <Ju...@cbc.ca>
> -- Assistant Team Lead / Chef d'équipe adjoint
> -- Media Production Support / Soutien à la production des médias
> -- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation / Société Radio-Canada
> -- Office/Bureau: 2C310-N  *  Tel.: (416) 205-3311 x6988 * DID: 1-151-6988

Dennis Lundberg