Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/11/06 16:41:38 UTC

Name for V3.0 CVS repository?

Any suggestions?

Clearly, the name SOAP is now dated.  We could either use XP or some
permutation (XAP, PAX).  Or a completely new name can be chosen.  Such
names don't need to have any connection - Jakarta was named after a
conference room.  Cocoon was named after the movie.  I don't know what
Tomcat, Ant, and others were named after...

Who wants to be the one to be able to brag that they named the new project?

- Sam Ruby

RE: Name for V3.0 CVS repository?

Posted by Ara Kassabian <ar...@techone.com>.
Please recall that "XP" is the common acronym for "extreme programming", so
using this in CVS, etc., could lead to a lot of confusion for newbies.

Ara Kassabian
TechOne, Inc.
100 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 605
Glendale, CA 91203
http://www.techone.com
ara@techone.com
(510) 729-6750 Ext. 396 (Oakland)
(818) 476-0055 (Los Angeles)

Posted by Jim Adrig <ji...@trampolining.com>.
I've been 'lurking' but have been unable to contribute. But I couldn't
resist; how 'bout:

  Web Accessible Services Protocol(Package?): WASP !

--
                                 __o
Jim Adrig                      _ \<,_

Re: Name for V3.0 CVS repository?

Posted by James Snell <js...@lemoorenet.com>.
How about:  "Web Services Runtime Engine" (WSRE) ?

Posted by James Snell <js...@lemoorenet.com>.