Posted to commits@jclouds.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/04/04 17:50:26 UTC

[Jclouds Wiki] Update of "Create a New API or Provider" by ZackShoylev

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jclouds Wiki" for change notification.

The "Create a New API or Provider" page has been changed by ZackShoylev:
https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Create%20a%20New%20API%20or%20Provider?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

   1. To follow the jclouds style, use a 3 space indent and a 120 character line length.
   1. We use Guava as our core library. Try to use its utilities before adding new dependencies. In general, do not add dependencies before consulting our dev@ list.
   1. We require both live and mock tests. "mock" tests verify that the api generates the expected request according to the method annotations, and that the response is properly parsed. We use MockWebServer to do that, and you can take a look at the [[https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack/tree/master/openstack-swift/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1|MockTests classes in the openstack-swift API]] to see an example of how these tests work.
-  1. Often the best thing to do is to copy the entire directory structure of one of the existing apis or providers and delete everything that you don't need but keep some of the files around in each directory to server as an example of how to do things. You can rename those classes and start your work from there.
+  1. Often the best thing to do is to copy the entire directory structure of one of the existing apis or providers and delete everything that you don't need but keep some of the files around in each directory to serve as an example of how to do things. You can rename those classes and start your work from there.

  Which api or provider should you choose to use as an example for your work? It depends! Please email us on our dev@ list to describe the work your doing and we will recommend one. The earlier you get engaged with the jclouds community, the easier the whole process will be.