Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by "Juan C. Sanz " <ju...@hotmail.com> on 2013/06/28 20:59:32 UTC

BootstrapException: no office executable found!

Hello.
I've just start to learn with the OpenOffice Developer's Guide.
Following the Getting Started chapter I've installed:

  * a 32-bit version of JDK (jdk-7u25-nb-7_3_1-linux-i586.sh and
    jdk-6u45-linux-i586.bin)
  * a Java IDE (Netbeans 7.3 - I installed 7.3.1 but I uninstalled it
    due some problems)
  * OpenOffice SDK
    (Apache_OpenOffice_incubating-SDK_3.4.1_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz)
  * OpenOffice
    (Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_Linux_x86_install-deb_es.tar.gz)
  * OpenOffice plugging for Netbeans
    (org-openoffice-extensions-3.0.2.nbm, from
    http://people.apache.org/~cmarcum/devtools/)

All it is running in a VirtualBox machine with Linux Mint 15 32-bit
(linux 3.8.0-19 and MATE 1.6.0)
My problem is that when I try to run any sample of the Developer's Guide
I always get the same error:
/com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable found!//
//        at
com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.bootstrap(Bootstrap.java:239)//
//        at
com.example.OfficeUNOClientApp.main(OfficeUNOClientApp.java:49)/
Also if I create a new "empty" Apache OpenOffice Client Application
project, running the frame created, I get the same error.
I've tried to change the java platform (that's why I have jdk-7 and
jdk-6 installed), following the (very old) advises from some forums I've
tried to add everything to the CLASSPATH, I've tried soffice
"-accept=socket,host=0,port=2002;urp;", I execute the setsdkenv_unix...
I think I've done everything, but I get always the same error.
What am I doing wrong? Some more advises?
Regards
Juan C. Sanz