Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/08/26 22:46:03 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by Alex Rovner

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by Alex Rovner.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=215&rev2=216

    * Get [[http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521998/index.html|"Hadoop: The Definitive Guide"]] (Tom White/O'Reilly)

-  * [[http://www.contextweb.com/|Contextweb]] - ADSDAQ Ad Excange
+  * [[http://www.contextweb.com/|Contextweb]] - Ad Exchange
-   * We use Hadoop to store ad serving log and use it as a source for Ad optimizations/Analytics/reporting/machine learning.
+   * We use Hadoop to store ad serving logs and use it as a source for ad optimizations, analytics, reporting and machine learning.
-   * Currently we have a 23 machine cluster with 184 cores and about 35TB raw storage. Each (commodity) node has 8 cores, 8GB RAM and 1.7 TB of storage.
+   * Currently we have a 50 machine cluster with 400 cores and about 140TB raw storage. Each (commodity) node has 8 cores and 16GB of RAM.

   * [[http://www.cooliris.com|Cooliris]] - Cooliris transforms your browser into a lightning fast, cinematic way to browse photos and videos, both online and on your hard drive.
    * We have a 15-node Hadoop cluster where each machine has 8 cores, 8 GB ram, and 3-4 TB of storage.