Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Anil Philip <an...@openwave.com> on 2005/01/12 22:34:51 UTC

qs on snmp wengsoft appender

I am implementing a Corba server which does some provisioning.

Any errors will be reported as traps to an Snmp manager. For this, I am
using

the Snmp log4j appender (), so that logger.error() will be sent as a trap to
the snmp

manager.

It is also a requirement for the corba server to accumulate and periodically
send provisioning statistics

to the snmp manager ie. how many successes, how many failures etc.

Has anyone used the Wengsoft libraries - in particular,
SnmpClient.sendMessage() ?

Is that being sent as a trap or as a Response or some other?

Can anyone recommend how these statistics are to be sent?

Thanks,

Anil Philip