Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ailian Ding <ai...@medtronic.com> on 2001/10/09 19:11:14 UTC

which sample app can parse and validate personal-schema.xml?

I downloaded xerces-c1.5.1 and ported it on the OS/2 platform.
I tried the samples/DOMPrint, and samples/DOMCount on samples/data/personal.xml (personal.dtd) and both worked.
Then I tried to run these two applications on samples/data/personal-schema.xml (personal.xsd) with validation turned on and I found that both apps failed. See following for details. Which sample application can parse/validate the personal-schema.xml? Thanks for help!

============================
- domcount personal-schema.xml
  personal-schema.xml: 15 ms (37 elems).
- domcount -s personal-schema.xml
  personal-schema.xml: 16 ms (37 elems).
- domcount -s -v=auto personal-schema.xml
  personal-schema.xml: 16 ms (37 elems).
- domcount -s -v=never personal-schema.xml
  personal-schema.xml: 15 ms (37 elems).
- domcount -s -v=always personal-schema.xml
-------------------
Error at file D:\user\crm\xmltu\domcount\personal-schema.xml, line 2, char 11
  Message: Unknown element 'personnel'

Error at file D:\user\crm\xmltu\domcount\personal-schema.xml, line 2, char 11
  Message: Root element different from DOCTYPE

(a lot more errors)

Re: which sample app can parse and validate personal-schema.xml?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Mark Weaver" <ma...@npsl.co.uk> writes:

> > - domcount -s -n -v=always personal-schema.xml
> >   Exception = c0000005 occurred at EIP = 4aa55.
>
> > "Mark Weaver" <ma...@npsl.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > surely it shouldn't cause an access violation in any case though?
> >
> > Doesn't using the latest CVS code.

Right, like I said:

~/work/xml-xerces/perl $ DOMCount -s -n -v=always ./samples/personal-schema.xml
./samples/personal-schema.xml: 436 ms (37 elems).

It doesn't using the latest CVS code on linux. Until I see some better
evidence, my guess is that it isn't any longer a problem.

jas.

RE: which sample app can parse and validate personal-schema.xml?

Posted by Mark Weaver <ma...@npsl.co.uk>.
> - domcount -s -n -v=always personal-schema.xml
>   Exception = c0000005 occurred at EIP = 4aa55.

This is an access violation AFAIK for Intel platforms.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.

Posted by Mark Weaver <ma...@npsl.co.uk>.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.