Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Lachlan Deck <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 23:45:40 UTC

Does SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute[s] work?

Hi there,

I notice that CAY-228 is still open:
https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-228

Does anyone use these enough to comment on what works and what
doesn't (i.e., particularly across relationships and or for
calculated fields)

Thanks.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck

Re: Does SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute[s] work?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Mar 14, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

> Hi Andrus,
>
> On 14/03/2007, at 4:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> IIRC no work has been done since the issue was opened. So it only
>> works for the DbAttributes of the root table. From the first
>> glance it shouldn't be too hard to add what Tore requested (some
>> tweaking of SelectTranslator.appendCustomColumns() is needed). I
>> guess nobody was motivated enough to do it :-)
>
> Would it end up (internally perhaps) being an abstraction for
> SQLTemplate?

Probably not, as SelectQuery is still a higher level abstraction.

Andrus

Re: Does SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute[s] work?

Posted by Lachlan Deck <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrus,

On 14/03/2007, at 4:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> IIRC no work has been done since the issue was opened. So it only
> works for the DbAttributes of the root table. From the first glance
> it shouldn't be too hard to add what Tore requested (some tweaking
> of SelectTranslator.appendCustomColumns() is needed). I guess
> nobody was motivated enough to do it :-)

Would it end up (internally perhaps) being an abstraction for
SQLTemplate?

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
>> I notice that CAY-228 is still open:
>> https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-228
>>
>> Does anyone use these enough to comment on what works and what
>> doesn't (i.e., particularly across relationships and or for
>> calculated fields)

with regards,

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.