Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Angelov, Rossen" <Ro...@thomsonmedia.com> on 2004/04/02 23:47:44 UTC

Symbolic links in WEB-INF directory, Tomcat 5

Hi,

Can Tomcat work with symbolic links in WEB-INF instead of real directories?

I have allowLinking set up to true and the Resources element is in the
corresponding context but still Tomcat will fail deploying the application
if I have symbolic links.
<Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="true" />

My goal is to be able to link most of the contexts (from different virtual
hosts) to the same WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib.

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution."