Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 09:10:47 UTC

any way to exclude many or all transitive dependencies with ?

Hello,

Spring 2.1-m2 changed spring packaging and I had to revisit my POM. I get
lot's of dependencies conflicts as many other dependencies introduce old
spring modules as transitive dependencies.

I'll have to set a huge number of <exclude> to make it work. Is there any
way to use exclude with some patterns, like :
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>*</artifactId> ?

I've tried to provide only groupId (no artifactId) but this doesn't work as
I expected.

Nico.

Re: any way to exclude many or all transitive dependencies with ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
It's a feature for Maven 2.1. The single exclude to prune a whole
section of the graph.

On 1 Jun 07, at 3:10 AM 1 Jun 07, nicolas de loof wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Spring 2.1-m2 changed spring packaging and I had to revisit my POM.
> I get
> lot's of dependencies conflicts as many other dependencies
> introduce old
> spring modules as transitive dependencies.
>
> I'll have to set a huge number of <exclude> to make it work. Is
> there any
> way to use exclude with some patterns, like :
> <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
> <artifactId>*</artifactId> ?
>
> I've tried to provide only groupId (no artifactId) but this doesn't
> work as
> I expected.
>
> Nico.

Thanks,