Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Brian Gilman <gi...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2003/03/24 21:54:27 UTC

[newbie]Exposing dbms (oracle) through webdav??

Hello everyone,

    I'm new to the slide project and am having some problems getting up to
speed with the framework. I am embarking on a project to expose DBMS through
a webdav interface for the purpose of producing reports etc. from our oracle
database.

    We would like the system to behave such that a user double clicking on a
file that is exposed via web folders will execute a stored procedure in
oracle, update columns in their report and then allow them to see this
report in excel.

    I understand that this could be accomplished via an EJB or servlet
however I'm excited to use/learn slide and webdav. I'm thinking about
producing a "federated" file system much like IFS this way.

    I'm not exactly sure if this can be accomplished using slide but I'm
willing to give it a try if I can be pointed to the appropriate places to
look at in the framework??

                            Best,

                                    -B
--
Brian Gilman <gi...@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Group Leader Medical & Population Genetics Dept.