Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net> on 2013/04/01 12:29:59 UTC

Re: Setting up tomcat to run on port 443 on ubuntu system

Am 2013-03-31 23:52, schrieb Ognjen Blagojevic:
> Shyam,
>
> On 29.3.2013 14:54, Shyam Yadav wrote:
>> I did all the setting you have mentioned for Unix Daemon for Tomcat, but
>> still i am getting the same problem.
>> i.e.  Permission Denied.
>
> When you run your jsvc-based Tomcat startup script, you MUST do it as
> root. It will bind port 443 as root, and then create child process for
> unprivileged user that will actually run JVM.
>
> There is no point in running /etc/init.d/tomcat (or whatever is Ubuntu
> equivalent) as unprivileged user. You won't be able to bind port 443.

That guy is unwilling to read. I wrote this already two days ago w/o any
further response.

Re: Setting up tomcat to run on port 443 on ubuntu system

Posted by Shyam Yadav <sh...@mobicule.com>.
Hi Michael-O, Ognjen

Sorry for replying so late.
Actually I was doing it with unprivileged user.
I haven't tried running tomcat with root user, cause i have been assigned a
different task.

Thanks you very much. really appreciate your help.

Thanks & regards,
Shyam Yadav