Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "K.Kawaguchi" <kk...@kohsuke.org> on 2003/11/10 22:14:23 UTC

patch for relative URIs in xsi:schemaLocation

This patch fixes the problem where relative URIs in xsi:schemaLocation
is not handled properly by XMLSchemaValidator.

The patch changes the following things

- The setURI method is removed from RevalidationHandler. We have
  XMLLocator to tell the components about the base URI, and I don't see
  much point in having a separate mechanism to do it.

- XMLSchemaValidator now treat location hints of @xsi:schemaLocation as
  URIs relative to the document being parsed.

- DOMNormalizer, the client of the RevalidationHandler interface, is
  modified to set a proper XMLLocator.

To apply the patch:

    cvs co -D20031109 xml-xerces/java
    cd xml-xerces/java
    patch -p0 < relativeXsiLocation.patch

regards,
----------------------
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
E-Mail: kk@kohsuke.org

Re: patch for relative URIs in xsi:schemaLocation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Kawaguchi-san,

> This patch fixes the problem where relative URIs in xsi:schemaLocation
> is not handled properly by XMLSchemaValidator.

If you keep sending patches, we may have to make
you a committer. :)

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org