Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/21 13:25:52 UTC

How to avoid storing password in clear text in server.properties file

Hi All,
I am currently storing various passwords like "ssl.keystore.password",
"ssl.truststore.password", SASL plain user password in cleartext in
server.properties file.
is there any way to store the password in encrypted text ?
i am using kafka version 2.5.0

Re: How to avoid storing password in clear text in server.properties file

Posted by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tom !
It worked for me.
such an important feature is missing documentation.

Thanks,
Dhirendra.

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
It was done in KIP-421

Posted by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ran Lupovich <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the ConfigProvider interface.