Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Guenter Marxen <gu...@googlemail.com> on 2013/07/29 16:52:38 UTC

first start of AOO 4

Hi,

now I have installed "AOO 4 de" with system integration (Win 7 Pro x64)
without deleting AOO 3.4.1 during install.

During the first start AOO 4 asks if it should install the dictionaries
of AOO 3.4.1.
Answering yes is OK (dict is installed in AOO4), but when clicking
[Abbrechen] (Cancel), AOO 4 is aborted too.

Worth an issue?

The Spelling Checker "Duden Korrektor 6.0.0" seems to be incompatibel
with AOO 4 ("loading component library failed..."). Or has anybody other
informations?

--
Grüße

Günter Marxen

Re: first start of AOO 4

Posted by Guenter Marxen <gu...@googlemail.com>.
thank you, Andrea,

if it's already covered in the release notes then I can spare my time
opening an issue.
;-).

Regards,

Günter

Re: first start of AOO 4

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: first start of AOO 4

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/30/13 9:02 PM, Guenter Marxen wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> Am 30.07.2013 06:15, schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
>> Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 um 16:52 schrieb Guenter Marxen:
>>> The Spelling Checker "Duden Korrektor 6.0.0" seems to be incompatibel
>>> with AOO 4 ("loading component library failed..."). Or has anybody other
>>> informations?
>>>
>> The Duden corrector is a C++  extension and they become easier
>> incompatible. But with the stlport change for AOO 4.0 it is natural
>> that it is incompatible and needs at least a recompilation.
>> Especially for C++ extensions the maintainer should use a max version
>> dependency and should ensure if everything works.
>> Even a compiler upgrade can cause an incompatible change.
>
> many thanks. I'll ask the Duden publisher and report, when an
> AOO4-version is available.
>
> (If I understand it correctly, since AOO 4 there is no longer extension
> compatibility with LO. I'm curious what Duden publisher decides.)

I don't know for sure but LO did many more incompatible API changes as
far as I know and I assume that depending on the API's an extension used
the compatibility can be broken. But that has nothing with AOO alone to
do. C++ extensions are always somewhat special and they can become
incompatible simply because of a compiler upgrade that is necessary from
time to time.

Juergen

Re: first start of AOO 4

Posted by Guenter Marxen <gu...@googlemail.com>.