Posted to builds@apache.org by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> on 2017/12/08 19:23:06 UTC

[osuosl-openpower] EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE: openpower2 kernel upgrade and reboot -- 2PM PST TODAY (2200 UTC)

I need to perform an emergency maintenance on openpower2 today which will
require all of the VMs on it to be shutdown and started back up. I will be
installing a new 4.14 kernel and adjusting a setting which will hopefully
fix issues we've been having deploying new VMs on it. If this goes well,
we'll schedule additional downtime for the other hosts, but give more lead
time.

​I apologize for not giving you more notice but this​ is needed to ensure
we can try and work around the current issues we're having on it that's
impacting several projects.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson